Tuesday, September 1, 2015

DTM: Antonio Giovinazzi delighted with strong DTM debut in Moscow


By Tarek Ramchani

Antonio Giovinazzi debuted last weekend in the demanding Deutsche Tourenwagen Masters at the Moscow Raceway. The Italian driver replaced Timo Scheider behind the wheel of the Audi Sport Team Phoenix run Audi RS 5 DTM.

Antonio Giovinazzi who leads the competitive FIA Formula 3 European Championship performed very well in the Russian round of the DTM. He was fast and impressive in the practice and qualifying sessions and battled very well in the two races.

The talented Italian driver was delighted by his performances first time out in the DTM


“An exciting weekend. Thanks to the tremendous support by the team and by Audi I managed to improve session by session in my DTM debut.”

“On Sunday, I was only lacking three tenths from the pole position of my team-mate Mike (Rockenfeller). Unfortunately, in the race itself I was hit early by a rival and lost a lot of ground. Afterwards, I had a lonely race. My lap times were good and I learned a lot.”

“It was a great experience, ‘thanks’ to everyone for this opportunity. Now I’m going to concentrate on the battle for the title in Formula 3 again.”

Photo credit: Audi Media