Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Interview with Doreen Seidel - Audi Sport TT Cup guest driver at the Norisring


By Tarek Ramchani

The second round of the Audi Sport TT Cup at the Norisring will feature a great selection of guest drivers. One of them is Doreen Seidel. Playmate of the year in 2008, she will be behind of the wheel of the new Audi TT racer and will try to perform well.

We were pleased to have a new interview with Doreen Seidel about her expections for the upcoming Norisring round and more

You can follow Doreen Seidel news and updates on her official Facebook page, and her official Twitter account.


You are going to race in the Audi Sport TT Cup at the Norisring, what are your targets there?

My first target is to keep the car in one piece. It looks so beautiful and I really want to keep it like this ;)

But of course, my goal is to fight with the other regular drivers and learn as much as I can in the car. The other drivers already have more experience with the car, so I need to learn really quickly.

You have been behind the wheel of the new Audi TT racer, tell us more about the car.

The car is really amazing, a way more race car than the Scirocco was. It’s a front wheel drive like the Scirocco but it tends to understeer a little bit more. So I have to be careful with the tires in the race.

I’m happy that we have a Push to Pass button like last year. This year we are also allowed to use it in qualifying.


Last year you competed in the highly competitve Volkswagen Scirocco R-Cup, tell us more about your season there.

It was my first season in the Scirocco R-Cup and at the beginning I was really struggling. To be honest, after the test day I said to Volkwagen that this Scirocco R-Cup is a way too competitive for me. But they convinced me to try. In the end I was really happy after my decision to stay. I had some good results and things got better and better during the season. All the drivers were really focused and that pushed me to do the same.

For me it’s cool that some of the Scirocco R-Cup drivers compete in the Audi Sport TT Cup aswell and they are doing a really good job there. So I think, the Volkwagen series was a good racing school for us.

What about the idea of racing in selected endurance events with the Audi R8 LMS ultra?

The idea sounds really good. It’s my absolute dream to drive the Audi R8 LMS ultra. At the moment this dream is really far away but I will give my best to make it happen one day ;)


Who is your favourite driver?

Puh…. That’s a difficult question. I really don’t have that ONE favorite driver. It’s more that I like drivers with personality. So here are some of my heroes: Valentino Rossi, Kimi Räikkönen, René Rast and Mattias Ekström.

What is your favourite race track?

Oh, that’s easy. It’s the Red Bull Ring in Austria. I love the track layout and the scenery is so beautiful. It goes up and down, and it’s a great fun to drive on this track. I can’t wait to race there with the TT :)